If you’re Locked out of your car, we do offer DC Locksmith services, and can assist you at any time of the day.
If you’re locked out of your car in the DMV area, lost your keys, and need a car key replacement, our Washington DC locksmith technicians are here to help you!
A Car Locksmith or an Automotive Locksmith is as it sounds, a locksmith who specializes in automotive-type work, from Unlocking Cars to Key Cutting and Remote Key Programming.
Here at Unlock-It we can do it all.
When choosing a DC locksmith, it is important to make sure that you’re not just choosing any car locksmith technician.
All our technicians go through an extensive background check and extensive Car Locksmith training to ensure you get the best results.
Our technicians are available for most of the day, but since it takes a high level of specialty to qualify as an expert Car Locksmith, our DC Car Locksmith techs don’t work 24/7, this is done to ensure you get the best service, as we don’t just hire anyone who can Make Car Keys.
What to do if you’re locked out of your car:
- If you’re locked out near your home or a familiar place, head inside and try and contact your insurance provider to determine if they can assist you.
- In case you don’t have roadside assistance, or you’re short on time, as the insurance provided technicians don’t come fast, contact a reliable Car Locksmith as Unlock-It to assist you.
- We don’t recommend attempting to unlock your car by yourself, as you can cause damage to the door and or frame of the car
- When you contact an Automotive Locksmith, make sure they are licensed bonded, and insured, as there are many fake Car Locksmiths out there. Unlock-It is licensed, bonded, and insured!
- If you’re locked out at the side of the road, step away from the car, and stand at a safe distance. Call for assistance asap and wait for the technician to arrive.
- In case you have a pet, child, or an elderly person locked in the car, attempt calling your local fire department, as they can get there fast, and will not charge you. Note that the fire department might damage your vehicle in the process, as they are NOT car Locksmiths and are not extensively trained and specialized in Car Unlocking